Wood pits are an excellent addition to your backyard, but they come with their fair share of challenges. Apart from their constant need for fuel, they can be quite unsafe to use, especially in dry climates. Their smoke and spark emissions can also be hard to control.
This is where propane fire pits come in. They produce no smoke, are easy to light, and the flame’s intensity is easy to control. Propane fire pits also provide the benefits of a traditional fire pit, but without the typical challenges.
Finding the best propane fire pits can be tricky, but with the right criteria in mind, it can get easy. An even more straightforward approach is to check through this review to see what best meets your needs.
Best Propane Fire Pit Reviews
One of the factors that can influence your decision when buying a propane pit is the size. The dimensions are crucial because they determine how functional the pit is. Whether you want a big or a small fire pit, this list has got you covered.
Bond Manufacturing Newcastle Propane Firebowl
It’s been a while since you had a family party and want to bring your loved ones together. The Bond Manufacturing fire pit will help you throw the ultimate BBQ party.
The Bond Manufacturing fire pit gives you a heat output of 40,000 BTUs. This is enough to keep everyone around you warm while providing enough light. The structure is made from durable and lightweight Envirostone that withstands all weather conditions.
The bowl is endowed with natural lava rocks for aesthetic value. The rocks are well placed over the stainless steel burner and look beautiful against the flame.
The pit has a protective cover that keeps it in proper conditions when not in use. The pulse ignition makes for easy lighting and extinguishing of the flame. The control knob allows you to adjust the fire to the desired level.
- The construction of this fire pit is lightweight yet durable
- Comes with a pulse ignition for easy lighting of the flame
- Features a protective cover that comes in handy when it’s not in use
- The 40,000 BTU heat output is enough to provide warmth and light
- Endowed with natural lava rocks that make it look beautiful
- Improper handling can lead to breaking
- The covers are not waterproof and easily rust when exposed to weather elements
U-Max 32” Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit
The U-Max propane gas fire pit harbors a unique design that protects your health and the environment. You can trust it to deliver a smokeless and ash-less BBQ experience.
The heat output of this propane fire pit is 50,000 BTUs. This serves to deliver enough warmth while creating a romantic bonfire on chilly nights. Its design will perfectly complement any outdoor space and fit in with your patio furniture.
The U-Max 32” is a CSA- approved product that is qualified for safe use in your home. The push-button spark-ignition system provides for a simple and convenient means of control. However, it requires AAA batteries to work.
For durability and enhanced functionality, the fireplace is made from solid all-weather PE rattan. This also gives you the impression of strength. The frame is coated with powdered aluminum that makes the product more rust and heat resistant.
The control panel is made of high-quality 304 stainless steel to prolong its life. The combination of all these materials makes the end product look elegantly perfect for your backyard or terrace.
The U-Max is designed to conveniently meet your heating needs. The overall table size is 32” by 32” by 24.5”. It features a table with a burner lid, burner with pre-attached 1.9F hose and regulator, and a waterproof cover.
In the set, there is also an 11-pound ocean-blue decorative glass stone set. It also contains an accessory bag with the necessary screws, washers, and nuts required for the assembly.
Instructions for assembly and use of the pit are attached in the package. The setup process takes about 20-30 minutes. This time frame can be shorter if two people are involved in setting it up.
- The fire pit comes with a 12-month warranty as proof of its durability
- The package encloses all the tools and hardware necessary for assembly
- Easy to set up and use
- Made from durable and all-weather materials
- The control panel makes it easy to light, control, and extinguish the flame
- The clicker doesn’t work correctly, and you’ll need to light the fire with a match
- No hardware for assembling the glass barrier
Outland Living 401 Series Propane Gas Fire Pit
This 44” rectangle fire pit wins the international design awards. It’s the perfect addition to your style and functionality for your backyard or patio.
The pit is designed with durability in mind. It delivers impressive strength and performance, yet requires low maintenance. Its resistance to heat makes it outlast your night-long parties.
Its coffee-colored UV HDPE (ultraviolet light high-density polyethylene) wicker withstands all weather. Other convenient features include the tabletop size, which is 44″ by 32″ by 23″. Each unit comes with a pre-attached 3ft hose and a regulator.
The glass tabletop is 8mm thick and tempered for durability. Trust it not to crack as you sit to enjoy the dancing flames.
The Outland Living fire pit is CSA-approved for safety. Its stainless steel burner operates at the highest safety standards, delivering 35,000 BTU for a terrific flame. The chrome manual control value delivers 100% smoke-free variable flame height.
- Built with high-quality materials to last a long time
- Effortlessly adds to the aesthetic value of your backyard
- The pit is large enough to function as your grilling place
- CSA-approved, hence safe for use
- Simple and automatic controls to light the flame
- Doesn’t come with a cover to protect the pit when not in use
- The flame is feeble even on the lowest setting
Bali Outdoors Propane Gas Fire Pit
The Bali Outdoors fire pit is designed for use in any outdoor space. Whether in the courtyard, terrace, balcony, or garden, it’ll perfectly fit in and complete the picture.
Another product in the list of the best propane fire pits is the Bali Outdoors fireplace. Its design spells nothing less of fashion and elegance. This 32” square gas fire pit table can be converted into a coffee table when the fire is off.
As a CSA-approved product, it has been qualified for safety. It delivers 50,000 BTUs through the stainless steel burner. The control system ensures the flame doesn’t blaze out of control.
The fire pit comes with six pieces of table tiles and an 11-pound ice decorative glass rock set. You can change the outer brown color to any other of your preference. The dimensions are 32” by 32” by 25” and weighs 77lbs.
It’s large enough to function as a table when you’re not lighting the fire. Its lightweight design also makes it portable to be used in a variety of settings.
- The fire pit enjoys a 1-year warranty
- It has a large surface that can be used as a tabletop
- 50,000 BTU output enough to deliver warmth and light
- Fashionable design that complements all outdoor spaces
- The product is CSA-certified for safe use
- The ignition system is not reliable in some cases
- The unit doesn’t come with a protective lid
Outland Firebowl Propane Gas Fire Pit
The best propane fire pit is resistant to weather elements and can be used in various settings. It also delivers a reliable heat output to keep you warm during cold nights.
The Outland Firebowl fireplace is the perfect choice for a non-messy campfire. It saves you the agony of dealing with ash and having to buy expensive firewood. You’ll also say goodbye to endless smoke while enjoying a clean campfire.
The best part is that the pit requires no assembly. It’s also light and portable, measuring 42” by 24” by 13”.
This CSA-approved kit is safe to use in campfire bans, but you must check the fire regulations in your area. Remember, you have the responsibility to protect campgrounds and forested areas from fire sparks.
Included in the fire pit kit are a 10-ft hose and adjustable regulator. It also has a 6.6-pound natural lava rock set that enhances the flickering effect. The durable, high-quality steel construction has a protective enamel finish for dependable durability.
- Works very well and delivers a lot of heat
- Scattering the small rocks at the bottom of the bowl adds to the effects of the flames
- The burner creates a very high glow of up to 10 inches
- Produces a clean flame with 58,000 BTUs, higher than most other models on the market
- A protective lid isn’t included in the kit
- Consumes a lot of gas within a short time
Having a propane fire pit is a lot better than a wood-burning one. It produces a clean flame and saves you from the trouble of cleaning up a messy pit. Propane fire kits are easy to use and control.
Finding the best propane fire pits shouldn’t be a hard task if you know what you need. The above reviewed are some of the top choices you can use. Once you find the one that resonates with your needs, you’re on your way to creating memories in style.