Having a nice patio or backyard to enjoy all year round is a wonderful addition to any home. But sometimes it gets cold outside! That should be no reason to stop you from sitting outside either on your own or with your friends and family. One way to ensure you have access to enjoy the fresh air no matter the temperature is to invest in a good quality fire pit table.
There are a lot of options when it comes to this backyard accessory. You have wood options and gas, plus there are different sizes, shapes, and different material options. Each has its own advantages, but if you are worried about smoke, then the best choice for you will be a gas-fueled option.
Even in this category, there are tons of great choices. Since we don’t want you to have to stress and spend your precious time, we have done a little of the work for you by choosing five of the best gas fire pit tables available today.
In order to find these models, we focused on a few key factors. These factors are:
Size – Size plays a big role in what model you choose. You will want to keep in mind the space that you have to work with. Choosing one that still leaves room to move around is key to enjoying the new addition to your patio. You will also want to pay attention to the height. This can determine how comfortable it is to sit around or what you can use it for, especially since many of them can be used as tables when not in use.
BTU – This will play a big part in how much heat that the fire pit can disperse. The best option is to look for a fire pit that, at the very least, has a 30,000 BTU rating. It would be better to choose one that is between 40,000 and 50,000 BTUs.
Durability – Your fire pit will be outside. This means it will be exposed to the elements and whatever else you throw at it. Which also means you want to look for a fire pit that is made of durable materials and a preferable finish to protect it from the weather.
Using these three features, we sifted through all the choices available and came up with a small list of models that make for a high-performance gas fire pit table. Below we will take in-depth looks at each of the five. Let’s get started, shall we?
Best Gas Fire Pit Tables Reviews
FIXKIT 30″ Propane Fire Pit Table
The first fire pit is an auto-ignition fire table that comes with extras and CSA certification. The square table is designed to enhance your balcony or patio with its modern design.
- 50,000 BTU burner
- Electric ignition
- CSA certified
- Stainless steel chassis
- Dimensions (cabinet) – 19.1” x 19.7” x .5”
- Dimension (table cover) – 15.2” x 15.2” x .4”
- Weight – 66.3 lbs.
- Comes w/ lava stones, waterproof cover, and square cover
Versatility and style are what we found when we looked at this fire pit. It is crafted with an overall pleasing design, but the high quality doesn’t stop at the stylish look. It actually starts with the materials used in the construction of the piece. The materials are all top-notch and made to last.
Along with the fine craftsmanship, you also get versatility of use. During those warm summers, you don’t have to leave the patio out of your plans. Instead, you can top the pit with the cover and use it as a table. Along with all that, you get extra accessories to elevate the versatility, and because of all this, we feel the unit is a good investment.
Even though it is a good investment, that doesn’t mean that there are not a few issues that could stand to be improved. The biggest of these is the rust issue. Many people have experienced some rusting in the internal components. Other than that, the pit cannot be adjusted. The legs are set, leaving the user stuck with how it comes out of the box.
- The firepit is crafted to be aesthetically pleasing
- Crafted with durable materials for a longer life
- Able to use the covered tabletop as a table
- Price versus values is competitive in comparison to the competition
- The product comes with lava stones and a waterproof table cover
- Some issues with the unit experiencing rusting
- Fire pit feet are not able to be adjusted
Bond Manufacturing 28″ Olivera Fire Table
If you’re looking for a compact fire pit that is nice to look at and still offers a good level of heat distribution, then this model from Bond Manufacturing could be a good choice for you.
- 50,000 BTUs
- Powered by 20 lb. propane tank
- Built-in propane tank compartment
- Dimension – 28” x 28” x 24”
- Weight – 45 lbs.
There is a lot to love when you look at the Olivera fire table. The unit comes with the ability to disperse heat at 50,000 BTUs, which may be the best thing about this pit. This high level of heat output will allow you to stay warm even during those chilly fall nights. But there are other factors that caused us to pick this model.
Like many other models, you can use the pit as a pit and as a table by simply attaching the PVC cover that comes with it. But unlike other models, it is lightweight, which gives you the option to move it around the space you have. On top of all that, the propane tank is hidden, which will allow you to maintain the look you were going for.
Now just because we think it is one of the best doesn’t mean there are not a few things we would be remiss without mentioning. It is not a large unit. This means you will not really be able to have a whole party sit around it. Rather it is more like an end table piece. Other than that, the cover is made of PVC, which is not as durable as other materials that could have been used.
- When you get the pit, you also get lava rocks and a PVC cover
- Pit gives off good heat for the size
- Versatile use – can be used as a fire put and a table
- A lightweight unit that can be moved easily
- The propane tank is hidden in an internal compartment
- Fire pit is only the size of a small side table
- The cover is made with PVC, which is not as durable
SereneLife Outdoor Pit
This next fire pit uses a pulse ignition and is fueled by propane. The outside of the piece is crafted with a rattan look, and it gives off a good deal of heat, which is why we chose it for this list.
- 40,000 BTUs
- CSA approved
- Liquid propane powered (20 lb. tank)
- +201 SS fire pan
- PVC cover
- Pulse ignition system
- Dimensions – 28” x 28” x 24.5”
- Weight – 55 lbs.
Serenity may be what you are looking for when adding a fire pit table to your outside area. If so, then this model comes from a brand that may be just perfect for you, SereneLife. This model is finished with a stamped metal that gives it a rattan look, but that is not the only thing we love about this piece.
The pit is crafted to be weatherproof, which will extend the life of the unit. Speaking of the piece’s materials and construction, it also meets all safety requirements and is CSA approved. The lightweight and small units are perfect for those who have extremely limited space to work worth, plus it is easy to put together.
While the assembly process is simple, it will take two sets of hands. Without that second person, you may find the assembly process quite challenging. Other than the only issue we have with the piece is that it cannot be converted to use natural gas; it must be propane.
- The product is designed with weatherproof capabilities
- Compact and lightweight design makes it great for any space
- A lava rock set accompanies the pit for a more stylish look
- Unit is safe and CSA certified
- Assembly of the fire pit is very simple
- The unit is not convertible to natural gas
- Assembly of the fire pit takes two people
Hiland Two-Toned Fire Pit
Our next fire pit is a two-toned hammered bronze model from Hiland. It offers a gorgeous addition to any backyard or patio and plenty of warmth.
- 40,000 BTUs
- Propane fueled
- CSA approved
- Stainless steel legs
- Hammered bronze powder-coated finished
- Stainless steel burner pan and ring
- Dimensions – 38” x 29” x 38”
- Weight – 105 lbs.
This two-toned fire pit offers a different look than many of the pieces on this list. But it isn’t just the look that it brings to the table; it also is built with unique features and high-performance pieces. One of the coolest features is the ignition system with multiple settings to get the perfect flame level. This will allow you to choose just the right mood for whatever the situation.
The pit is also constructed with premium materials that help with the durability of the piece. Of all the pieces, this may be the easiest pit to use, and its small frame allows for it to be used in small apartment porches or even small backyards.
The pit does have a few issues, though, that might cause some to pause when considering this model. The first is that it does not come with a lid. This means you will have to spend extra money if you are looking to use it as a table as well. Plus, you will need to set aside a good chunk of time when you receive it as the assembly process is excessively long.
- Flames are controllable so that you can maintain heat level
- Unit is easy to relocate if needed as it is super light
- Ignition of the pit is simple and straightforward
- The size of the pit is perfect for a small get together
- High-quality metal is used in construction
- Assembly of the pit does take a little time
- The unit does not come with a cover
OT QOMOTOP 28″ Propane Fire Pit Table
Our last entry is a fire pit table that is able to be used on all kinds of surfaces. It is constructed with high-quality materials and fitted with tons of great features, which is why it is one of the best on the market today.
- 50,000 BTU stainless steel burner
- External metal auto ignition switch
- Crafted in a rugged steel
- CSA approved
- Dimensions – 28” x 28” x 25”
- Weight – 61.5 lbs.
This propane fire pit is built to last. Crafted with rugged steel and stainless steel components, it can stand up to the elements, which will extend the life of the piece. The benefits of choosing this fire pit start from opening the package and continue through the lighting of the flame.
The assembly process only takes 30 minutes and can be done with just one person. Then once it is put together, you will be able to take advantage of the wide range of heat options and the fact that there is no smoke. The pit comes with a removable lid that can be placed back on the piece to use the pit as a table.
Now there are some drawbacks to choosing this model. The one that has a direct effect on the use is the hose. Many people had experienced the internal hose melting from the heat and where it is located. On a smaller level, the lava rocks that come with it are not very attractive, but this can be fixed by picking up another bag.
- Fire pit only takes about 30 minutes to assemble
- Wide range of heat dispersion capability
- Solid and sturdily built for enhanced durability
- The removable cover give the pit more usability
- Gas pit allows for no smoke or smoke smell
- Lava rocks that come with the unit are less than attractive
- Some issues with hose heating and melting due to location
When you want to elevate your backyard or patio, including a new gas fire pit table could be just what is needed. Above, we have looked at five of the best gas fire pit tables. We chose a wide variety in the hopes that you would be able to find the perfect one for you and your needs. In order to do this, we concentrated on the size, BTUs, and durability, and we hope that this has made your decision-making process a little easier.