Fire pits are a great addition to any backyard, providing warmth and ambiance for outdoor gatherings. However, they can be quite expensive, with some models costing upwards of several hundred dollars. That’s why we’ve researched and tested to find the best fire pits under $100.
When looking for a budget-friendly fire pit, it’s essential to consider the material it’s made of. While steel is a popular choice, it can rust over time, so opting for a fire pit with a rust-resistant coating is crucial. Additionally, size and weight are also important factors to consider, especially if you plan on moving the fire pit around your yard.
After researching and testing several affordable fire pits, we’ve identified the ones that offer the best value for their price. Whether you’re looking for a small tabletop fire pit or a larger, more traditional wood burning style, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in and find the perfect fire pit without breaking the bank.
- Best Fire Pits Under $100 – The Complete List
- Best Fire Pit Table Under $100 – Yaheetech Fire Pit Table
- Best Wood Burning Fire Pit Under $100 – Gas One Outdoor Fire Pit
- Best Smokeless Fire Pit Under $100 – Farenheit Fire Pit
- Best Grilling Fire Pit Under $100 – INNO STAGE Bonfire Fire Pit
- Best Table Top Fire Pit Under $100 – NEELO Concrete Tabletop Fire Pit
- Best Propane Fire Pit Under $100 – Bali Outdoors
- Buying Guide for Fire Pits Under $100
Best Fire Pits Under $100 – The Complete List
Looking for a fire pit that won’t break the bank? After researching and testing a variety of options, we’ve compiled a list of the best fire pits under $100. These fire pits offer a great balance of affordability, durability, and functionality. Whether you’re looking for a compact option for your patio or a larger fire pit for your backyard, we’ve got something for everyone. Check out our top picks below.
Best Fire Pit Table Under $100 – Yaheetech Fire Pit Table
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly fire pit that’s easy to assemble and looks great, the Yaheetech Fire Pit Table might be the perfect fit for you. It is available in both a 32 inch and 34 inch model, and black, bronze or copper colors to match your decor.
- The mesh lid prevents burning embers from blowing out and the poker makes it easy to stoke the fire or remove the lid.
- The included cover keeps the fire pit clean and rust-free when not in use.
- The sturdy design with a special pattern is perfect for warmth, BBQ, and cooling drinks and food in your patio, garden, or yard.
- The cooking grate is not included, so you’ll need to purchase that separately if you want to cook on the fire pit.
- Assembly can be a bit tricky, so it’s recommended to have someone help you out.
- The fire pan is made of thin aluminum and may not hold up well over time.
We recently purchased the Yaheetech Fire Pit Table in the 34 inch model for our backyard and have been very happy with it so far. The mesh lid is a great feature that gives us peace of mind knowing that embers won’t be blowing out and potentially starting a fire. The poker is also very handy for stoking the fire or removing the lid when we need to add more wood.
The included cover has also been a nice touch, as it keeps the fire pit clean and free from rust when we’re not using it. The sturdy design with a special pattern is not only functional but also looks great in our backyard. We’ve used it for warmth, BBQ, and even cooling drinks and food on hot Summer days.
The only downside we’ve found is that the cooking grate is not included, so we had to purchase that separately if we wanted to cook on the fire pit. Assembly was also tricky, so we recommend having someone help you out. Additionally, the fire pan is made of thin aluminum and may not hold up well over time, so we’ll have to keep an eye on that.
Overall, we’re very happy with our purchase of the Yaheetech Fire Pit Table and would recommend it to anyone looking for a budget-friendly fire pit that’s easy to assemble and looks great in their backyard.
Best Wood Burning Fire Pit Under $100 – Gas One Outdoor Fire Pit
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly wood burning fire pit that can handle small gatherings and camping trips, the Gas One Outdoor Fire Pit is a great choice.
- The 21.5-inch diameter bowl provides enough space for fire logs and allows for a decent amount of heat.
- The mesh lid safeguards against fire sparkles while ensuring optimal airflow to keep the fire going.
- The fire picker included in the package makes it easy to prepare the fire, move the fire logs or drag the charcoal without improvising.
- The fire pit is relatively small, so it may not be suitable for larger gatherings or parties.
- The assembly process may be a bit time-consuming, but it’s not too difficult.
- The 14 inch height of the fire pit may be low for some people, so you may need to place it on some blocks.
We’ve used this fire pit for a few camping trips and it has never disappointed us. The alloy steel construction and high-temperature-resistant coating make it durable and resistant to any weather conditions. The mesh lid is also a great addition, as it protects against fire sparkles while ensuring optimal airflow to keep the fire going.
One thing to note is that the fire pit is relatively small, so it may not be suitable for larger gatherings or parties. However, it’s perfect for small gatherings and camping trips. The fire pocker included in the package is also a great addition, as it makes it easy to prepare the fire, move the fire logs or drag the charcoal without improvising.
The assembly process may be a bit time-consuming, but it’s not too difficult. The height of the fire pit rim is 14 inches, it may be a bit low for some people, but a few blocks underneath the legs can help elevate it from the ground. Overall, we highly recommend the Gas One Outdoor Fire Pit for anyone looking for a budget-friendly fire pit that can handle small gatherings and camping trips.
Best Smokeless Fire Pit Under $100 – Farenheit Fire Pit
We highly recommend the Farenheit FP-FLAME17 Fire Pit for those looking for a portable and stylish fire pit that doesn’t produce smoke.
- The smokeless design allows for up-close enjoyment of the fire without breathing in harmful fumes.
- The stainless steel construction gives it a sleek and modern look that fits in with any decor.
- Its lightweight and portable design make it perfect for camping trips or backyard barbecues.
- Safe to use with wood pellets, small logs, or lava rocks.
- It cannot be used on wooden or composite decking, according to the user manual.
- Some users have reported dents upon delivery.
The smokeless design allows you to gather around the fire and roast marshmallows without having to worry about inhaling smoke. The stainless steel construction also added a touch of elegance to your backyard or campsite.
It is fairly lightweight, at 21 pounds. We were able to load it in the car no problems.
Overall, we think the Farenheit FP-FLAME17 Fire Pit is a great choice for those looking for a portable and stylish fire pit that doesn’t produce smoke. Its versatility makes it perfect for camping trips, backyard barbecues, and even patio use.
Best Grilling Fire Pit Under $100 – INNO STAGE Bonfire Fire Pit
If you’re looking for a portable fire pit that’s easy to set up, transport, gather round and cook on, the INNO STAGE Patented Bonfire Fire Pit is definitely worth considering.
- The patented double wall design maximizes airflow and burning process, producing less smoke and more flame.
- The two-tier structure and specially added handle make it easy to shake ash to keep air through, and lift it up and attempt to dump the ash by bottom underlying tray when it’s cold.
- The fire pit is made from sturdy metal that’s painted black, antirust, and resistant to high temperature, making it perfect for wood pellet burning.
- The stainless steel barbecue grill that comes with the fire pit is not very stable, and it may warp or bend after a few uses.
- The fire pit is relatively small, and it may not be suitable for larger gatherings or parties.
- The flame may not last very long, especially if you’re using hardwood pellets instead of wood.
The Inno Stage fire pit comes in two parts that you need to put together, and it takes only a few minutes to do so. This is hands down the easiest fire pit to assemble!
Once the fire pit is set up, you can start using it right away. We found that the double wall design really does help to reduce smoke and increase flame, which made for a more enjoyable experience overall. The two-tier structure and handle also made it easy to shake ash and lift the fire pit to dump the ash when it was cold.
One thing to keep in mind is that the stainless steel barbecue grill that comes with the fire pit is not very stable, and it may warp or bend after a few uses. We also found that the flame didn’t last very long, especially if we were using hardwood pellets instead of wood.
Overall, the INNO STAGE Patented Bonfire Fire Pit is a great option for anyone who’s looking for a portable fire pit that’s easy to use and transport. It’s not perfect, but it’s definitely worth considering especially when looking for a fire pit under $100.
Best Table Top Fire Pit Under $100 – NEELO Concrete Tabletop Fire Pit
If you’re looking for an affordable tabletop fire pit, the NEELO Concrete Tabletop Fire Pit is an excellent option, and priced well under $100.
- The realistic stone design adds a special ambiance to any indoor or outdoor environment.
- It comes with four marshmallow roasting sticks, a stainless steel fire pit table top fuel container, and a fire pit flame extinguisher, making it the perfect smores maker kit.
- The clean-burning fuel produces a beautiful smokeless fire pit.
- The flame may not last for over an hour, depending on the room temperature or climate.
- The instructions for the suggested isopropyl alcohol percentage could be better.
- It’s a small fire pit, so it may not be suitable for larger gatherings.
We were impressed with the realistic stone-style design of this table top fire pit that adds a modern touch to any living room, dining room, or backyard patio. It’s lightweight, small, measuring 4.5 inches across and 3.75 inches tall, perfect for patio and balcony tables, or using indoors.
The fire pit comes with four marshmallow roasting sticks, a stainless steel fuel container, and a fire pit flame extinguisher (a lid basically), making it the perfect s’mores maker kit. We used it roast marshallows, and it was a hit! The clean-burning fuel produced a beautiful smokeless fire pit, and we used it with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
The flame for this smokeless fire pits for outside lasted for over an hour, depending on the room temperature and climate. However, finding the recommended percentage of rubbing alcohol needed in the instructions could be a little clearer. You need 70% or above. If you want to refuel the fire pit and keep it going, you also need to wait for the burner bowl to cool down.
Overall, this is a budget friendly table top fire pit, that was a hit with the kids. The included mini forks were a great bonus and the price is fantastic.
Best Propane Fire Pit Under $100 – Bali Outdoors
This propane fire pit just sneaks in under $100 and is well worth a look. Crafted from a powder coated iron and stainless steel frame, this column style fire pit stands 32.6 inches high.
The gas bottle stores underneath, making this unit compact and stylish.
- Heat output of 26,000BTU
- Fits a standard 20 pound gas cylinder which is concealed underneath
- Click and turn ignition (needs a AAA battery, not included)
- On small legs which are adjustable for uneven surfaces
- Small – at 15 inches wide, you can’t fit a lot of people around it
- Heavier than other fire pits on this list
- If you are in a windy area, you might also need the glass fire pit screen, which is sold separately
This would be a great design for a small patio, deck or balcony. You could change out the glass stones for different colors to suit your decor or theme.
Bali Outdoors also make a matching glass wind guard, which is sold separately. This ultimately, increases the cost of the fire pit to well over $100 if you want to add this on.
Buying Guide for Fire Pits Under $100
When it comes to buying a fire pit under $100, there are a few factors to consider to ensure that you get the best product for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind when making your selection:
Size and Material
The size and material of the fire pit are important factors to consider. Fire pits come in a variety of sizes, from small tabletop models to larger, freestanding options. Consider the space you have available and how many people you plan to entertain when selecting the size of your fire pit.
In addition, fire pits can be made from a variety of materials, including steel, cast iron, and copper. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so make sure to choose a material that fits your needs and budget.
Another important factor to consider is the fuel type. Fire pits can be fueled by wood, propane, or natural gas, plus smaller portable styles offer ethanol based fuel. Wood-burning fire pits are a classic option that provide a traditional campfire feel, but they require more maintenance and cleanup. Propane and natural gas fire pits are more convenient and easier to use, but they can be more expensive upfront.
Safety should always be a top priority when using a fire pit. Look for features like a spark screen or lid to prevent embers from escaping, as well as a sturdy base to prevent tipping. If you plan to use your fire pit on a wooden deck or other flammable surface, consider purchasing a heat-resistant mat to protect the surface.
Finally, consider any additional features that may be important to you. Some fire pits come with built-in grills or cooking surfaces, while others may have decorative elements like cutouts or intricate designs. Make sure to choose a fire pit that fits your needs and preferences.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best fire pit under $100 for your needs and enjoy cozy fireside evenings with family and friends.